Tuesday 6 April 2010

Pre wedding/race weekend fun

It was going to be a hectic extended bank holiday weekend! I had the sister-in-laws wedding up near Bakewell on the friday and rather than driving 2.5 hours home on the saturday to pick the car up, then drive another 2.5 hours back to Mallory I decided to get everything packed a ready for mallory and go up to the wedding in the bus. I had a lot of things to sort out for the wedding as i had to sort out the kids, their suits and more importantly i was in charge of collecting the flowers and bringing them up to the venue in the morning. This worried me as i had visions of the bus breaking down or there being some other disaster on the the way up on Friday morning, meaning that not only would the ring bearers (the kids) would not be there, the flowers would also be missing!! Little did i know at the time, but the in-laws also shared my concerns!!! I also had to get all the stuff required for the weekends race packed, and then fit it all in the bus.

Thursday day started well and i was getting my jobs of lists completed and actually realised i was going to get it all done without too much rushing. That was until the wife phoned from her parents, she had managed to lock her car keys in her car and block her parents car on the drive, and all this about an hour before they were all due to go up to the venue!! I didn't shout, kept very calm and drove over with the spare keys, but this obviously buggered up my plan for the day as i lost 2.5 hours!!!

I quick clean of the car was required as i wanted to show off her newly painted side pods! I just need to get that rear rough bit of fibreglass (the rear tub!!) rubbed down and repaired now and she'll be looking very impressive (for a race car)


Next job was to get the car into the bus, but the suspension wouldn't lower and the car wouldn't go up the ramp as it was too steep, after some faffing with wiring and relays i was completely stumped, but came up with the idea of driving it up a steep driveway so the back would be low to the ground. I did this and thought i'd give it one last go to see if the suspension would drop, which to my delight it did! So i reversed back down the slope to load up as normal, but this time it would drop again!!! So back up the drive and went, and low and behold it worked again!!!  It then clicked, the handbrake had been interlocked with the air release valve on the suspension!! What a duffus, another hour wasted!!!

Anyway to cut a long story short, i got everything done by about 9pm and the flowers were picked up and safely stored in the garage ready to go in the bus for the journey up to Bakewell early the next morning.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this and thought of you.
    http://www.discovertouring.co.uk/videos.html

    I think Mark would like Project Sunshine a lot.

    ReplyDelete