Thursday 16 February 2012

Another feat of over engineering by the Greenways

To be fair to dad, he was going to use thinner plate but he had run out. And also looking at the state of the chassis in the corner in did need some serious repair and strengthening. I'm sure if the car gets hit by a nuclear bomb this part will still be intact, along with the bonnet!! The original design was pretty poor and although its had some horrible welding repairs done to it over the years (I promise the really horrible bird poo weldin was already there when I had the car) I'm surprised its lasted as long as it has! The only reason I think it never completed sheared off is that the rear suspension arms where probably supplying most of the lateral support as they rubbed up against the chassis or it was the diff nose rammed up against the tunnel saving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment