Thursday 23 February 2012

In bits

With cadwell over, even though it never got started I decided it was time to give the suspension a refresh. The rear bushes have been fitted for a few years now and it doesnt feel very smooth so have pulled it all out and ordered some new bushes. 





While its all out dad is going to check the rear axle over and change any bearings that are looking worn. Also while its out we are going to attempt to straighten the axle as last time I measured it it was showing 1.5 degs of toe out! We will attempt to get it to 0.5 degs toe in with 1 deg of negative camber, but I'll report back on this after we have tried! While the suspension arms are out I also decided I may aswell have them powder coated, hopefully in the metallic anthracite the engine mounts are done in. I have also ordered new rose joints for the front suspension so order an extra couple to make a panard rod with rose joints rather than the rubber bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment