Monday 21 December 2009

All Plans scuppered for xmas!!

Well all my best laid plans for the xmas holidays and early Jan have been wrecked! I'm currently lying in worcester hospital waiting to have my appendix removed! Its been a tricky liitle bugger! It put me in hospital for 2 days 6 weeks ago, but wasn't removed as it settled down, but last friday (first day of my xmas holiday) i woke with slight stomach pains. This slowly built while at son number 2's nativity performance and a joyful visit to sainsburys. By 3 oclock i was doubled up, at 4pm i called the doctor, at 5pm i saw the doctor but the horrific pain had died down and i could just about walk crunched up. The doctor refered me the surgeon at Worcester hospital but i would have to go to A&E, on the last friday night before xmas! This really did not appeal, and the pain was still there but was bearable. I decided to ride it out hoping it would pass like last time, but on saturday morning it was obvious i would have get myself down A&E

A&E was surprisingly pleasant, and within an hour and a half i was back on the same ward and same bed as 6 weeks ago. There is only one thing worse than pain, and thats the boredom of hospitals or maybe reading my blog??? So here i am 3 days later, still have my appendix and trying to chew my way out of the hospital walls! I've been x-rayed, prodded, scanned and had severaal fingers up my bottom and have finally been told its coming out at 10pm tonight, only to be told later it might not come out! So i guess i may be enjoying the pleasures of morphine tonight, or could just as easily be still chewing the walls!

One thing that will hopefully be different tonight is the unwanted bed activity on my ward! Last night i was moved to another room with just 2 beds in it (and private bathroom), great i thought, until i clapped eyes on the nut job i was sharing with! A bloke in his 70's with mad hair, and obviously not of the best mental health. He spoke some shit to me, but i just put my head phones on and he shut up. At about 11pm he decided to get out of bed for a wander, but then tried to get into bed with me! I directed him where to go and i hoped that would be the end of it. 10 mins later he stripped off completely and tried to get into bed with me again! I told him where his bed was. A few minutes later i see him crawling round the room on all 4's still starkers, after a few minutes of this he tried to get into my bed again! I had enough this time and bleeped the nurses, they all found it highly amusing, but got him dressed and back into bed. He did try again to get in the bed, but this time was fully clothed but did managed to get his arse onto the bed before i pushed him off! Then to top it off i heard him piss the bed at about 5am, and prayed he didn't try and make another move, lucky he didn't and has now been put in a room on his own!

So roll on tomorrow, hopefully the little sod will be out and i will be home before xmas!
-----------------------------
Sent from my Blackberry
-----------------------------

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a nightmare!

    Hope you get operated on and out in good time!

    ReplyDelete