Monday 7 December 2009

End of 2009

What a fantastic year!!!! Racing has changed my life, I have met a fantastic group of like minded people and made many new friends, most of my spare time is spent either at race meets or preparing for the forth coming event, even when I’m busy doing something less important, such as work, my mind is else where thinking of the next modification or the list of jobs to do. I am already waiting for the fixture list for next year, hoping and praying that it will not collide with anything I can’t get out of (i.e. sister-in-laws wedding) and planning how to ensure everything else will fit in around the schedule. I recently described to a friend that racing is like being an alcoholic for me, its all I think about, everything else has to revolve around it, if I'm not racing I'm thinking of where and when I can get my next one, the wife hates what it does to me and is convinced it will kill me.

I have learnt a lot this season, but know I have a lot more to learn if I’m to get me up the front of class C. I started as a complete novice and progressed to finish the year with a few good qualifying grid starts, several top 10 finishes and 1 trophy (3rd at Anglsey) which now sits proudly on the shelf in the kitchen. There have been a few occasions where my car could have become rather miss shaped and with only one majorish mechanical expense (gearbox rebuild) I consider myself to be very lucky. I know this can’t last forever, but if I have half as much fun next year I will still have a great 2010!!

A big thanks goes out to everyone in the RGB paddock for the friendly welcome, advice and help, with a special mention to Andy Bates for everything he brings and puts into the formula. And obviously not forgetting a massive thanks for all the help, prepping, support and general banter from a lads weekend away from William, Dad, Dan, Steve, Jack, Miles, Sally and all the other mates and colleagues who have come along to try and watch me compete or cook a BBQ!!

ROLL ON 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment